Friday, October 20, 2006

Happy Diwali!

The finance office at my work is entirely made up of South Asians (Indians and Afghanis), so whenever it is a Muslim or Hindu holiday, one of them will bring sweets to the office to celebrate - which is usually how I find out that it is a holiday.

So today is apparently Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights, which I now know because there are sweets in the kitchen with a sign that says Happy Diwali.

The sweets look like little triangles of dough, with something silver that looks like aluminum foil painted on them. They remind me of the homemade playdough my mom used to make for my brothers and me when we were little.

And just like that playdough, I keep eating these cookies - not because I like them, but because I can't figure out if I like them or not. Have to take another bite to see if I can finally make up my mind...

No comments: